Sunday 17 January 2016

Un-Nurture.

New Years Eve, when the Earth grows older but the world becomes younger,
I was born with a Euphoric Fervor.

Caressed, pampered was I on the first few days
Showed Off nd talked about was I on many facebook updates

I was in the prayers, I was in the mind
I was in the nurture, I was in the routine,
I was in the air, I was in January  
I was special and I knew it..

But not for long, I should have known it.

Slowly, gradually I became a Nag, a bother, a bore to my Nurturer 
Why? I really... wonder

I was still the same 
But the excuses given were all lame
Lack of Time, busy life, the usual suspects
In the ignorance, I kept losing my respect

No one to fodder me, I kept dying a slow death
Till one day I was abandoned, forgotten and lost my breath.

Promises are to be broken, so they say
Guess it applies to me too, in all its fray

My death had no meaning
Like my birth had any meaning

After all, I was not born to create any Revolution
I'm just an ordinary 'New Year Resolution"...

No comments:

Post a Comment